Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Creepy train rides and planes that take ur head off..

that was what my weekend consisted of..got an extended weekend worked out after a bit of swaping here & there and headed down south as usual although this time my 4hr journey ended up being almost double that amount cos of some maintnence work on the tracks..I was routed through Carlisle which incidently I was informed was the highest mainland train track in the UK and provides some awesome views of the Yorkshire Dales, totally irrelevant to the point I was getting at but thought I'l give it a mention too..so anyways the trian was so deserted when I got on I was in a carraige by myself.. had some good chillout music in my iPod and was nicely settling into a good snooze when all these old ppl came in..from practically every station.. and when I say old.. I mean oollldddd.. headful of white hair, walking sticks the full works.. did I mention that they got on from practically every station?? and the trian stopped every 10 minutes at a station down the line.. I kid u not.. it was as if anyone who walks into a the train immediately ages to 124 or therabouts..the whole train was full of them.. it wouldn't hav been too bad f it was only that.. but u know how old people love to talk? ask u this, that and the other thing?? well nooo... these ppl were so damn quiet it was scary.. most of the time the mobile phones weren't even in service.. it could have been right out of a bad horror movie.. I wouldn't have been surprised f I had turned into a guy with white hair and stuttering along with the help of a walking stick after the end of that trip...but I managed to escape unscathed..altho I have noticed a lot more whitehairs on my head now..

eventually got to C&Js place after like 12hrs on the road..rails rather..and crashed for the night..well tried to atleast but with the freaking planes coming in like every minute or so I might as well been trying to hammer a nail in with cotton wool.. the next time someone argues abt how Heathrow aint the busiest airport in the world I'm gonna deck him..seriously.. tis so annoying.. everytime a plane passes over u get this vibrations and all electrical equipment goes wonky.. altho I was told that one gets used to it.. but still..thats' beside the point.. f u can jump far enuf u can practically touch those planes..aside from the annoyance factor tis pretty cool to c.. especially at night when u can c abt five planes lined up one behind the other waiting to come into land..wonder whether any of the pilots ever have the urge to overtake eh?wouldnt that b a sight?two boeing 707s going head to head racing for the landing strip..reminds me of pvt buses back home...

had a coupla things to do in London.. not the least of which was an Interior Designing exhibition which was pretty cool.. surprised myself with how much I liked it actually.. considering the fact I only went in the first plc to keep UV company.. had a nice relaxing session at David Lloyd's in the evening (bless C&J for their pvt membership) with a Jacuzzi, Sauna etc.. and to top it all off had Kottu after like almost one year.. hav to admit..it was pretty good..

so all in all had quite a good weekend for a change.. but as with all good things it must come to an end.. back to Dundee and my usual routine now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home