Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another night..another dollar...

or a few pounds as the case maybe in this particular scenario.. n for those of you'll who's mind is in the gutter..the answer is an emphatic NO!!!!! I don't do THAT!!I just work the night shift at a Telecommunications Company..anyways it's just past midnight on Saturday and here I am at work..well not this exact minute u understand but I have almost 6hrs to go thanx to trying to be a good samaritan.. I can think of hundreds of ways to spend a weekend and this doesn't even make that list.. but alas as they say, beggars can't b choosers....normally I would be getting ready to go back at this time of the night but one of the guys who was supposed to do tha late late shift had to leave unexpectedly and me being the helpful person that I am volunteered to cover for him.. BIG MISTAKE.. I didn't realise that it was one thing to work till 2 in the morning but a whole different prospect to work until 6..for those who are wonderng whether there is anything to do in a call centre at that tim of the night you would be surprised..all the drunks and insomniacs in the UK seems to be on the phone wasting their money and our time.. but talk to them we must..that's what we get paid for after all..

after finishing the postgrad things have not gone that smoothly itseems.. still waiting for my results and looking for a proper job with absolutely no success thus far.. altho given the fact that I can't seem to make up my mind as to what exactly I wanna do yet that is not too surprising I guess.. I have been surfing around looking at jobs, talking to recruitment agencies etc etc but things just doesn't seem to go beyond that stage..as a result I am becoming more n more inclined towards hitting the jackpot with the national lottery and retreating to my own island in the caribbean..(Mental Note: Start buying lottery tickets)

I think I need more caffeine in my system to keep me awake and civil to the idiots who keep on phoning in..altho I have to admit not all are nutcases..tis just that they all seem to blend in together at this time of the morning.........

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooooooooot! i can comment!!!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger staticX said...

hurray...:) although lately there hasnt been much to comment on.. he..heh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home