Thursday, September 14, 2006

From breaking house to breaking backs

In the process of moving house these days.. even though it is freaking exhausting I'm kinda glad to have something else to focus on other than looking for jobs.. atleast for a short while.. once u actually start sorting out ur room it is surprising to realise how much junk you have accumulated over the years.. well in my case tis just one year.. those little little things that you bring home and just throw on top of the table to b used at some point in the future are just sitting there n invariably thrown out.. for a person who I thought was pretty organised it was a rude tug back to reality to find all tsorts of rubbish in my room.. I shudder to think what I might find back home f I ever needed to move out completely…probably will need to call a truck to carter my refuse bfr getting down to the actual stuff I need.. anyways… managed to pack most of the things I need into my bags and ended up throwing away the others cos I just couldn’t b bothered any more.. had a coupla friends come n help with the packing up so wasn’t too bad seeing that they did most of the cleaning in order to get the house looking presentable so the landlord won’t quibble abt giving my deposit back.. hoping that an annual clean up will do the job might b a tad too optimistic but I still have hope.. finally sorted everything out but I definitely am not gonna b around when the trash collectors come around.. they will probably sue me for the amount of junk I have put out this time…

n onto my mention abt breaking backs.. the new flat is 4 floors up on an apartment block which is up on a bloody hill to boot.. carrying my bags up to this place was not pleasant to say the least.. I managed to get the heaviest stuff into the new place with only a little bit of back trouble and a lot of curses from my friends who still stuck around to finish the job.. now all there remains is for me to negotiate this trek up n down everyday without wearing my feet down…

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger SpectralCentroid said...

Ado where did you move to? Did 'bada' move in as well? Why didn't you tell us man? We could've celebrated here!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home